Adellica is a small consultant-company specializing in mobile development. They approached us with the team extension request for a big project.
Unicsoft was in charge of creating a custom Android-based firmware for the radio equipment. Also, we developed applications for iOS and Android devices for remote control of the smart audio system. All communication protocols between custom firmware and mobile applications were created from scratch, based on best practices for software development projects.
Main features of the applications for the remote control are:
- search for artists/albums/tracks via the REST interface;
- provide a user with a search result (with album art etc);
- select between audio sources (DAB radio, internet radio-streams);
- play/pause via the REST interface;
- search and discover nearby radios (no configuration for end-users!);
- always show what’s currently playing, update the UI if someone else plays another song;
- adjust the volume (again, REST);
- control satellite speakers.
This audio system is a Hi-End innovation, which became popular in Norway due to its great design and remote-control features.